Brandon Ford Official Blog
2017 Ford Super Duty New High-Tech FeaturesBy Product Expert | Posted in Ford Super Duty, Safety, Technology on Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 at 8:00 am
What New Features are in the 2017 Ford Super Duty?
Back in the day, a truck simply had to be rugged and dependable. It had to be able to tow and haul what you needed to tow and haul, and everything else was just icing on the cake. That’s not the case anymore. These days, those who depend on their trucks day in and day out want more than just rugged dependability. They want advanced new safety, technology and entertainment features. They want to be able to enjoy the same high-tech features everyone else gets to enjoy. And that’s why Ford has included so many new high-tech features in the 2017 F-Series Super Duty.
[ READ MORE: 2017 Ford Super Duty Body Styles and Models ]
2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty New Driver Assistance Features
Topping the list of the 2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty’s advanced new high-tech features is a comprehensive suite of advanced new driver assistance systems. These include:
- Adaptive Steering – Makes backing a trailer into a parking area and/or navigating tight, low-speed maneuvers easier while also reducing the steering effort required to do so by up to one-third.
- Trailer Reverse Guidance – Enables drivers using their 2017 Super Duty for towing to view trailers on their Ford SYNC screen and monitor trailer status while on the road.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation – Uses the engine brake to smartly assist drivers towing heavy trailers while also helping avoid accidents.
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert and Trailer Tow – Helps increase driver awareness of obstacles and traffic, especially in tight spaces and parking lots.
- Lane-Keeping Alert – Uses a camera mounted between windshield and rearview mirror to detect unintentional drifting outside the intended driving lane.
If you’d like to see for yourself how these new high-tech features work in the new Ford Super Duty, you can schedule a test drive right here on our website. And if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our knowledgeable Brandon Ford staff here in Tampa, Florida.