Brandon Ford Official Blog
Ford Unveils Dashboard of the Future on All-New Ford GTBy Product Expert | Posted in Ford GT, Technology on Tuesday, February 14th, 2017 at 8:00 am
2018 Ford GT Features Dashboard of the Future
The future is now thanks to the all-new Ford GT and its dashboard of the future. Ford is using the all-new GT as a starting point for a brand new all-digital instrument display that will soon be found on all new Ford models. The innovative 10-inch wide digital display will be able to quickly and easily present information to you based on which of the five special driving modes you select. Intrigued? We thought you would be, because everyone here at Brandon Ford in Tampa, Florida, is, too. So let’s take a closer look to see how this impressive new display is working to improve the future.
[ READ MORE: Is the New Ford F-150 Engine the Same Engine from the Ford GT? ]
How Does the Dashboard of the Future Work?
As we mentioned, the new dashboard of the future changes depending on which drive mode you have selected. The five modes are normal, wet, sport, track and V-Max. Selecting each changes the dashboard of the future in the following ways:
- Normal mode displays information in a straightforward manner. The speedometer is centered with gear selection to the right while fuel and temperature are top left. The tachometer displays in a compressed scale for lower RPM, while the 3,000 to 7,000 RPM range dominates the top of the display.
- Wet mode utilizes much of the same information as normal mode. Graphics under the speedometer emulate the shine of wet asphalt to remind you of your mode selection.
- Sport mode adjusts information priorities. Front and center is gear selection, with the speedometer off to the right. It’s displayed in an aggressive orange theme.
- Track mode presents a stark combination of black background and highly-legible text and graphics in a red theme that’s easy for you to pick up in fast-paced conditions. Gear selection and engine speed are displayed prominently, while coolant temperature, oil pressure, oil temperature and fuel level percentage are bottom right.
- V-Max mode offers an entirely different display. Tailored to pursuing maximum top speed, it displays a large, centered speedometer. The tachometer is reduced to just a line with indicator dot. Coolant temperature, oil pressure, oil temperature and turbocharger boost are displayed to the right, with fuel level displayed top left.
The dashboard of the future is only available on the all-new Ford GT at this point, but it’s coming to future Ford models soon. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our helpful Brandon Ford staff in Tampa, FL.